ENEEP Experimental Study of the TRIGA fuel characteristics (IA-1)
7 February 2022 – 11 February 2022
In this individual course the TRIGA fuel characteristics are studied in detail with different experiments.
- Measurement of the thermal neutron flux density in the reactor core.
- Measurement of the Control rod calibration based on the released reactivity and the corresponding reactor period.
- Determination of the reactivity value of uranium fuel- and graphite elements in different core positions.
- Determination of the core excess reactivity combined with the determination of the temperature coefficient of the reactivity
- Study of different pulses of the reactor, combine the released reactivity with the corresponding energy and power of the pulse.